Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ahhh

Now, there are not a lot of comments coming in. But I am becoming more aware of more people who do read, but in that they are not bloggers themselves-they don't comment. Nice to know I am entertaining a few lurkers out there.

A nice day today. Some lovely things that made me feel ... well I'm not sure what the word would be. "Loved" comes to mind-but I don't feel "unloved". Someone else can pick the adjective. Anyway...

I got a card in the mail from a Mom whose child I evaluated many months ago. This mother of three young kids took the time to write. That alone is meaningful!! She wrote, ..."I wanted to say thank you for your help and guidance with my son. ...Thank you for your knowledge and helping me get my boy on the right track. I will always be so grateful".
Made me feel warm and fuzzy and was a reminder to express the gratitude I often feel-but don't take the time to express.

I was invited to a small celebration by a friend who is relatively new in my life. I have always admired her worldliness, intelligence, sense of community and incredible diversity of skills. When she announced at the gathering that the guests (including myself) are among the people she admires most in her world-I nearly fell out of my chair. It was such an honor to be described like that in HER eyes. Someone I think so highly of. Plus I had a great time and ate some great food!

One of the guests at above celebration, another wordly, wildly intelligent kick-ass gal asked me, "Are you writer?" "Your quick wit and manner made me think you were a writer." My friend above is a writer-so I think she thought that was our connection. Such a compliment!

I got an evite for a clients 3rd b-day. Only 3 or 4 other families and me and my kids. Such a compliment to how they view me in their child's life. Also, that they readily accept having Big A. around.

Now, time to climb in bed with my dear hubby and cubby brown dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment