Wednesday, February 04, 2009

3 am

"Mommy..."
I was awakened at 3 am by Ki's sweet voice. Based on our families recent health status, I anticipated her next statement. "I just threw up." "My throat hurts." Or perhaps, "My poop is weird."
So when she said, "Java is stuck on my (top) bunk bed and can't get down." I had to ask her to repeat it.

Ki had gotten up in the middle of the night for a drink of water and Java followed her back and ended up in bed with her. Seems Java then panicked and moaned her discontent. She wanted down, but couldn't figure out how to get down. In the past she has jumped on top of AJ's bed and then up to Ki's bed, but only with a great deal of encouragement.

Ki and I walked to the kids room. On the bottom bunk AJ was sound asleep. On the top bunk, which crosses over the bottom bunk to create a 'T', was Java. She crouched low on the bed and stared at me with a distressed and embarrassed expression.
"Java, here the light is on now. Remember, jump down here on to AJ's bed." I patted Aj's bed and 55 pounds of relief landed on the bed and then on the floor.

Despite 2 spring board leaps off his bed, dog moaning and the lights going on, Aj slept on. I looked at him closely and determined he was breathing and headed back to bed with Java just inches behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment