Monday, April 21, 2008

Doggie Dining and Dementia

Do you hear the pitter patter of puppy paws? The word is out and all dogs are making their way over to my house.
We went out of town to Disneyland for 5 days and Granny was here by herself. MANY of my dear friends stopped by a few times daily to check on her. There were 3 labs here. Our 2 and the in-law lab, Annie. I was concerned the dogs might knock Granny over when she tried to feed them, as it was a bit frenetic when I fed the three of them. I asked jennyalice to feed the dogs.
When we arrived home the labs were visibly, significantly heavier. SiSi was like a waddling sausage with legs. My leggy, previously grey-hound figured Java was now a waistless, rotund log. The gals had likley packed on an additional 10% of their previous body weight.
My research leads me to believe the gals got the lid off the dog chow and ate themselves into oblivion, as labs will do. On top of that, Granny loves her dogs and is always worried they haven't been fed. So I think they may have been fed twice a day. Maybe three tmes. Who knows how often.
All I know is that I've got 2 labs who run funny, sleep a lot and have some really bad gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment