Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Year is Upon Us

I feel like all of my creativity, time and energy for more then the the last month was devoted to the holidays and Christmas. Of course that was my choice. But as a result I have taken a huge mental vacation from: working on plans for Mom, my therapy practice and necessary work to expand and move, Aj's IEP, cleaning and organizing home and office, Aj and meds, Special Ed PTA, local school PTA, outline for a talk I am giving and the play dates I say I am going to organize and never do. So it is time to crack down. Many parts of it I look forward to. I like having projects etc that I am working on. But I must admit I prefer my work, presentations and PTA stuff to figuring out my kids and Granny. Oh and I prefer most things to cleaning. I also have down the ol' try to get more healthy. I am not going to commit myself to fail by saying I will exercise tons and diet. That is not real. My plan is to eat well, not excessively and poorly, and perhaps squeeze in some walking and yoga.
My practice continues to be somewhat slow. I am going to expand my practice into the area of pediatric feeding and swallowing. Given my training, teaching and clinical experience with adult swallowing disorders, motor speech disorders (apraxia and dysarthria), and SID (sensory integration disorder) this is not really much of a stretch. I have 3 courses I am looking into. From clinical reports for feeding/swallowing clients I have read from clinicians area, -this will be an area I feel I can take on and do a good job with. In terms of knowledge and experiences, I have most of the big pieces already. My confidence often runs behind my skill level. We'll see how it all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment