Monday, March 30, 2009

The Good Girl

Ki is always the good girl.
For years already she has: attended my appointments and sat quietly playing, created whispering families from condiments on restaurant tables, always raised her hand, and been a teachers dream.

Recently there have been a couple episodes of lying (see haircut stories). Tonight I tucked her in and while I was fluffing her pillow I realized there was something in the pillow case. The hidden goods turned out to be a new unopened container of Hubba Bubba Bubblegum Tape.

She told me she found it and wasn't sure what it was from. I asked her if she stole it. She denied it. "I would tell you if I stole it." I reminded her that if you steal that the police get called because it is against the law. Her eyes looked wide. But actually, not all that wide.

Facts:
-housekeepers came this morning and changed the sheets
-they probably would not have put such a treasure back in a pillow case
-contraband most likely hidden after housekeepers here
-Ki at school today
-Aj not at school-home sick
-In the afternoon kids and I went to the store
-Aj is not capable of setting his sister up like this

-I think Pops and I are in trouble in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Would it be bad to tell you that I was considered a "good kid" too?

    It's a little early for this isn't it?
    Argghhh.those precocious girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a raging kleptomaniac when I was a kid. It all started with sticking skinny magic markers in my knee socks in the dime store. Never got caught but I did grow out of it. The fear of the police is what did it for me. Keep up the police talks....

    ReplyDelete