Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tri-enima

Oh-typo there. It is actually the tri-ANNUAL. As in tri-annual IEP. The joyful annual experience further magnified by LOTs of testing. No big deal for AJ, he likes the tests I think. Or he doesn't mind them.
For parents it is the opportunity to be further reminded, in hard-core, black & white, hold-no-bars data of their childs significant disability.

In all honesty, the data/reports I have from 6 different professionals (yes six-one of them was private) is not as depressing as I thought it would be. But it is for Pops. He is in the above arena. I feel like this has been an opportunity to really get clarity on the peaks and valleys of AJ's skill set. Not that we peak at "typical" too often. Specifically, more of a chance to look at issues of attention and anxiety and how to move forward with that.
I don't forsee a lot of confrontation about services except for in the area of social skills and that I hate groups for speech. Therefore-I have asked assist director of dist to attend IEP.

Maybe I won't feel quite Zen about it tomorrow.

Oh yeah and what the f*#% was I thinking when I took on to doing 2 big presentations in the same week????? That would be next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amiga,
    I'll be thinking of you and AJ and pops tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and you can keep your zen state of mind. While this is hard for pops right now, hopefully once he is able to digest it, it will also have significant payoff in terms of how the entire family can best funtion together and what kind of support AJ needs to maximize his potential.

    I'd be happy to work with you on either (even both) presentation. If you'd like we could get together over the weekend and work on it/them.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the "typo." i'm going to use it from now on.

    good luck! much love.

    mb

    ReplyDelete