Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aj Online

I had Aj stay home from school today as he was complaining of the same symptoms I have had. Headache and sore throat.
I had about 2 hours of clients so I left him here with Granny. He wanted my Apple (computer) and I said fine and left it with him.

Later at home again I sat down to check my email. 
A million windows were open-the Disneyy Channel, Wikipedia and Askk.com.

One of the ASK search boxes read: can i see a belly button from women
Followed by: can i see a belly button from pregnant women

Next read: can I listen to beat it
Followed by: can I listen to beat it with music

My notes and observations:
My boy can independently search on the internet!
He can even refine his search!

He is not a boob guy, leg guy or breast guy. Aj has always been a belly button guy. 
He still darts up to mannequins and lifts their shirts to examine the authenticity of their belly
buttons.  
Aj's teacher had her last day of work last week and is due to have her first baby next week.  
This has been exciting and intriguing for Alex. Especially since he loves babies. Yesterday 
Aj, Granny and I went to a second appointment with Granny's full-term pregnant MD. On the 
first visit he whispered to me, "Does the doctor have a baby in her tummy?". This visit I saw 
him starring at her belly in a mesmerized fashion. She was sporting a VERY outy-pregnant-
lady belly button. When she stepped out I asked Aj if he saw her belly button.
"Yah!". I explained that belly buttons get very stretched by pregnant bellies and either stick out or sometimes kinda disappear like mine did when I was pregnant.
With disbelief and concern he blurted, "Yours is gone!". I verbally assured him it was no 
longer gone and visually assured him by flashing my belly. The MD returned to give her 
parting recommendations. Aj telescoped his eyes on her belly button. Ever so slowly, 
he kneeled-his eyes now level with protruding jewel.
It happened quickly, the MD never noticed. But clearly - Aj had noticed the jewel and it is still on his mind.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Refining a search is actually a complicated task that MANY of my adult family members have not yet mastered. Congrats to AJ

    ReplyDelete