Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm so #@&*^ pissed!

I just got off the phone with Shirley, A's aide from last year at school. She told me the whole process was based on seniority and # of hours worked previously. All union and ease driven. Nothing about the aide wanted other than some nameless description of a child " a boy in 1st grade at Roosevelt for a 6 hour aide". Certainly nothing about who the child is, their needs or who or what had worked for them in the past. I have always tried to stay positive with this educational system. I see parents who are jaded, negative and agressive. The "the school district (meaning all) will always try to screw you." I don't like that and I don't want to become that. But this is fucking rediculous. I hate conflict and I resent that they put me in this position again. I end up looking like the whining bitch. I know when I breathe deep that this may work out just fine, this guy who is supposed to be his aide-not that they notify me or anything-will work out fine.
I just hate the fact that you are already trying to deal with a kid who has difference and then you have to go throught this.

No comments:

Post a Comment